Marketing Manager – Visit Ruapehu
31 Jul 2020 By Advertiser
Ruapehu Recruitment Ltd
Skills and Knowledge
- Able to create and articulate the vision and marketing strategy of the Visit Ruapehu RTO
- Proven track record in driving brand recognition and development
- Shares information and responsibility
- Strong listening skills
- Skilled at working both in a team and independently
- Committed to the Ruapehu Visitor Industry
- Innovative, flexible in all elements of the role including campaign planning & implementation
- Ability to think forward to future years
- Customer focused
- Strong ability to plan and think strategically
- Skilled at both written and oral communication
- Able to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people and cultures
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness
- Understanding of the tourism industry on and offshore
- Print, digital and social media production management skills
- Proven ability to manage website and social media environments particularly in the tourism sector
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, Te Reo
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High energy levels, has drive and motivation to make it happen
- A flexible approach to work schedules, stakeholder needs and the strategic direction of Visit Ruapehu
- Tactfulness and helpfulness in dealing with others
- Effective negotiation skills
- A quick response to requests, ideas and suggestions
- A tolerance for uncertain market conditions
- Ability to absorb a large variety of knowledge over short periods of time
- Three – five years’ experience in a marketing and/or online role (especially tourism).
- Experience in a tourism marketing or similar role.
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or appropriate experience
- Familiarity and enjoyment of the outdoor activities offered in the Ruapehu region
- Achievement of the annual agreed Business Plan through the development and implementation of the Marketing plan
- Develop and implement seasonal and other consumer marketing campaigns as agreed in the business and marketing plans
- Develop and produce consumer marketing collateral as required for all of Visit Ruapehu purposes.
- Ensure documented and monitored engagement with key media platforms for brand development and representation
- Ensure media library maintained to support the Marketing plan, including development of annual imagery and video plan
- Work with third party data, organisations and partners to ensure robust and available information on market segments and performance.
- Develop and leverage brand in agreed and relevant consumer environments.
- Identify commercial opportunities to engage prospective new partners, markets and market segments.
- Stimulate micro/macro regional cooperative marketing activity including with key, identified connectivity partners
- Review, evaluate and communicate the performance outcomes of strategic marketing activity.
- Negotiate the provision of marketing services and monitor the performance of suppliers.
Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Manage the ongoing maintenance and development opportunities of the Visit Ruapehu website.
- Work with General Manager to ensure digital environment and strategy maximised
- Measure & report on all marketing campaigns and website statistics against agreed objectives.
- Website content management strategy and site architecture in conjunction with appropriate third parties
- Manage the ongoing maintenance and development opportunities of Visit Ruapehu’s social media assets.
- Work with industry partners to develop a collaborative hub for social media activity
- Creation & maintenance of media database for domestic, international and trade media
- Co-ordinate, to a high standard, relevant media visits and engagements
- Co-ordinate, create and release (in conjunction with PR firm if relevant) media releases to support regional brand
Tourism New Zealand
- Ongoing review of Tourism New Zealand’s Consumer sites to ensure best regional brand representation
- Engage with regularity, with Tourism New Zealand staff to best maximise marketing activity potentials, media and famils
Budgets and Reporting
- Prepare market performance reports for General Manager
- Oversee consumer marketing expenditure and ensure budgetary controls are in place
- Keep abreast with industry knowledge.
- Ensure strong, collaborative relationships are in place with key stakeholders
Proactive approach to work and additional responsibilities:
- Perform any other duties necessary for the smooth operation of Visit Ruapehu, in line with the business plan, as required.
- Act as second in charge in GM’s absence
For more information or to apply for this job click here.
Applications close on 7 August.