Your search for "Incident" found 33 results
Police have named the man who died after falling on the Routeburn track on Friday 6 December.
The 70-year-old Australian fell on Friday while walking with Ultimate Hikes.
Corrosion of landing gear locking springs was the cause of equipment failure that led to a diverted emergency landing, says the Transport Accident Investigation Commission.
SkyCity will make a donation to Leukaemia & Blood Cancer New Zealand to acknowledge the efforts of fire and emergency teams who assisted with the fire at the New Zealand International Convention Centre last month.
The regulator says it has taken steps to improve performance in the wake of the 2015 Fox Glacier crash.
Police have named the two men, who were both from Australia.
APEC 2021, the largest event ever hosted by the government, will likely shift from the venue.
The pair were on a guided climb when they fell around 300m yesterday.
A canyoner was airlifted to safety on Sunday by Maritime NZ’s Rescue Coordination Centre NZ in the Coromandel Forest Park.
Fire and Emergency New Zealand has released five images from inside SkyCity’s fire damaged New Zealand International Convention Centre.
SkyCity Entertainment Group’s Auckland precinct is back to full operations with its casino, two hotels and a dozen bars and restaurants making a staged reopening since Thursday evening.
It is too soon to tell what impact the fire at the New Zealand International Convention Centre will have on NZ Inc, according to tourism minister Kelvin Davis.
The operator said it would start opening its Auckland precinct in phases this afternoon.
As the fire continues to burn, the country’s business events sector has mobilised.
The biggest event ever to be hosted by the Govt will go ahead in Auckland in 2021, says Jacinda Ardern.
There will be a material delay to the completion of the project but by how long is unknown, says Graeme Stephens.
SkyCity decides against reopening its Auckland precinct today as the blaze continues.
SkyCity Entertainment Group’s shares closed down almost 3% yesterday following the outbreak of a massive fire at its $703m New Zealand International Convention Centre and Horizon Hotel in Auckland.
Firefighters are battling the blaze at the building site, which broke out shortly after 1pm.
Eight trampers were rescued from the Southern Alps in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Auckland Seaplanes is looking to get a new float plane to replace the aircraft that crashed in Auckland harbour in March, ahead of what is expected to be a busy summer.
Police have charged the driver of the bus involved in the fatal crash near Rotorua that killed five Chinese tourists.
The inbound tour operator involved in Wednesday’s bus crash that killed five tourists near Rotorua is Qualmark accredited and a member of the country’s largest tourism associations.
Multiple deaths have been reported after a bus, understood to be carrying Asian tourists, rolled in bad weather on State Highway 5 at Ngatira, near Rotorua.
There was little defence in place to prevent the one-person errors that resulted in the collision, says the TAIC.
Work-related ACC injury claims in the arts and recreation services industry dropped to 172 injuries per 1,000 full-time employees in 2018, down from 2017’s 202 injuries per 1,000 full-time employees.
The operator has praised “focused and conscientious” 20-year old pilot, Joshua Christensen, who died in a mid-air collision on Sunday.
Skydive Wellington has confirmed that it operated one of the aircraft that was involved in a mid-air collision yesterday, killing both pilots.
Another landslide at Cape Kidnappers over Easter means the planned re-opening next week of beach access to the popular gannet colony there has been postponed.
A Southern Lakes Helicopters aircraft travelling to the Auckland Islands to conduct a private medevac off a fishing vessel has crashed with three rescue crew on board.
The tourist who died following a fall at Moutohorā (Whale Island) has been named as 73-year-old Lionel Nowell.
A tourist has died after falling during a guided tour of the Bay of Plenty destination.
Police have confirmed the names of the two people killed during a tour of the Kakanui Mountains in north Otago on Saturday 23 March.